University-based Welfare Resources

The Oxford University Student Union (OUSU) is the main source of information of the free services the University offers. Here is a selection of some of the most relevant, however if you can not find what you are looking check out the OUSU website.

Student Advice Service

The Student Advice Service is a confidential and impartial service that is run by OUSU, which provides advice and information on different issues, such as academic discipline, sexual health matters and mental health problems. For different issues you should go to different SAS officers:

If you wish to make an appointment email or call VP Welfare on (2)88461 who will organise an appointment for you. Alternatively you can drop into the OUSU office. More information can be found on the Student Advice Service website.

University Counselling Service

The University-provided counselling service is staffed by professional, trained general counsellors, psychotherapists, psychologists and a psychiatrist who you can talk to in complete confidence from 9.15 am-5.15 pm . They can help you deal with a wide range of emotional and psychological issues you may be facing. There are one-to-one sessions, or group sessions available to suit your needs best. This service is available all year round, however there is usually a small waiting list, but generally you can expect an appointment within a week of contacting them. A few spaces are kept for emergencies, so if you need help quickly just get in touch: Visit them at 3 Worcester Street or Telephone : (01865) 270300. Make an appointment here or Email

Visit their website for more information.

International Students Committee

A committee designed to help international students settle in to Oxford. Each term it also focuses on campaigns dealing with oversea students issues. If you would like to get involved, ask a question, raise an issue or join their mailing list, then get in contact through their website.

Land Agents and Accommodation Office

Responsible for the letting and management of University Housing. It can give you information for graduate accommodation, transit accommodation, private renting and college accommodation. See their comprehensive website for more information.


A listening, support and information service run by students for students during term time. They will help you talk through any problem, big or small, in a non judgemental and confidential atmosphere. Additionally, Nightline also runs an information service if you need numbers for clinics, or bus timetables etc. Telephone : 01865 (2)70270 - for internal drop the 01865 2. Drop in at 16 Wellington square Website: Nightline.


Offers wide ranging welfare service for members, with regular social events, sexual health resources and support for all its members. A male and female welfare rep are happy to meet up and chat with anyone, contact them on the below email addresses. Or go along to one of their events details found on their website.

Female welfare : Male welfare: Website: LGBsoc